Loading Map

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

The quiet life in Paradise

Paradise Fishing Lodge, El Salvador

 

Now that I have done pretty much everything I am going to do to the boat before I leave El Salvador, I find myself living a very quiet life.

 

Being in this marina is nice but a little isolated. Up until a couple of days ago, I was the only non-employee in the place. Carola and Jim, from the sailboat Koza, are the only other cruisers staying here and they were gone on a road-trip when I arrived. Now that they are back, I at least have someone to talk to occasionally.







Tennis anyone?

There was plenty to do on the boat to keep me busy of course, but in this heat and humidity it is hard for me to stay motivated for very long at a time. For variety, I have taken the dinghy out for a couple of runs up and down the estuary. One morning I actually got up early (before noon) and made the journey down to the Mar e Sol restaurant for breakfast - I stopped into Bahia del Sol to pay off the balance on our account while I was in the area as well.

 

On Sunday, like every other Sunday, all of the cruisers met down at Lou & Lynn's home for an afternoon of swimming and conversation and a pot-luck dinner. This week was tacos! Since their house is only a quarter mile up the estuary from Paradise, it was a very short ride there, but I still hitched a ride with the Koza crew - they have a big dinghy with a big motor.

 

A few days ago, I dinghied over to the town of La Herradurra to scope out the supermarket and treat myself to one of the incredibly good fresh-squeezed orange juice drinks at one of the restaurants overlooking the estuary. Pretty exciting huh?


 

It is Tuesday today. My flight to Canada leaves on Thursday morning. Tomorrow, I will put the finishing touches on decommissioning the boat - it should be safe here for the rainy season. The only real issue here is lightening, of which they get plenty, but there is little I can do about that so I won't worry about it.

 

I have trussed up the mainsail in the remnants of our sail cover in hopes of at least keeping the sun off of the sail over the summer. It is not pretty but I think it will hold.

 

{GMST}13|19.422|N|88|56.675|W|Paradise Fishing Lodge, El Salvador|Paradise Fishing Lodge, El Salvador{GEND}


 

No comments:

Post a Comment